Discover My Favorite Hopia

In an old post about Polland hopia, I said that I will try to compare that hopia to other hopia that is being offered by other stores. Guess what, I finally visited the most famous hopia shop in town and I got the taste of their special hopia. I also discovered my favorite hopia, which I tell you later.

The shop that I am talking about is this:
.
Eng Bee Tin

This is Eng Bee Tin, the most popular Chinese food shop not only in Binondo Chinatown but also in the City of Manila. During the recent Chinese New Year, many people flocked to all branches of Eng Bee Tin to buy tikoy.
.
Buyers at Eng Bee Tin
People lining up for tikoy.

As I had said, Eng Bee Tin is also the home for best hopia.
.
Hopia of Eng Bee Tin
A rackful of hopia!

Eng Bee Tin offers hopia with different kinds of flavors. There is the original red mongo hopia and the hopiang baboy. Other flavors are the ube hopia, mocha hopia, wintermelon hopia, choco hopia and other flavors that I never thought would be good for hopia.
.
Hopia of Eng Bee Tin
Mochipia and hopia red mongo.

Last December, My Beloved's parents (a.k.a. my future biyenans) visited Manila. As a pasalubong for their grandchildren in Davao, I bought a basket-full of hopia.
.
Hopia of Eng Bee Tin

There I discovered my favorite hopia and that is pastillas-ube combi hopia. It became my instant favorite because I love pastillas and it suits my addiction to sweets.

Sadly, I also discovered my most unliked hopia and that is pandan hopia, which tastes bland.

Compared to Polland's hopia, Eng Bee Tin's hopia is softer and tastes better. So, whenever I crave for hopia, I prefer Eng Bee Tin's hopia than Polland's hopia.

---

Visit Ahab Reviews and Tips and read about the shops where you can buy the best hopia.
.

Leave a comment with Facebook or regular comment box below.

22 comments:

  1. Endorser? Lol.

    Masarap nga ang Eng Bee tin hopia...enge nmn jan! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di naman ako endorser. Mahilig lang sa hopia. :-P

    Oh, heto, hopia...saluhin mo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. walang tatalo sa Eng Bee Tin! Bata pa lang ako.. yan na hopia na binibili namin. buti nga ngayon may UBE na. super favorite ko un! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! parang ang sarap nga. sa kanto lang ako nakakabili ng hopia o kaya sa bakeshop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Arvin:

    Yan din ang gusto ko. Mas gusto ko ang hopiang munggo kesa sa hopiang baboy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Tine:

    Wow. Yun pala ang fave mo na hopia ah. :-)

    Ube...at saka suki ka pala ng Eng Bee Tin. Oh well, mukhang bagay swak sa iyo kasi pwede kitang tawagin na Eng Bee Tine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Richard:

    Haha! Yep. Minsan sa suking tindahan din ako bumibili ng hopia kapag trip ko.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Diamond:

    Pag nabisita ka uli sa Pinas eh bili ka nang maraming hopia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No photo of the hopia without the wrapper? I wonder what that is? Is tikoy brown, sweet and sticky? The Chinese offer to the Kitchen God so the mouth will be stuck and he will not say bad things about them...and if he says anything, it will be sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dami nila flavor ng hopia no? May gusto akong hopiang baby nabibili sa may quiapo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes! I went to Eng Bee Tin in Binondo and bought myself hopia with purple yam flavour - I think it's called ube hopia? There were so many flavours and I did not know which to choose so I asked them to recommend and they recommended me this one : )

    Oh btw what's the difference between the tikoy and hopia?

    One thing I like about Eng Bee Tin's products is they don't put in any preservatives. But the down side is it can only last for 3-4 days without putting in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. favorite ko ang Eng Bee Tin hopia especially the Ube flavor ^0^ It was introduced to me by a friend who was looking for a pasalubong for our Japanese friend.

    kaso lately wala na siya sa airport. lagi na lang yung Polland. When will I taste you again Eng Bee Tin hopia? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. @STP:

    Oh! Sorry. I forgot to take pictures of hopia without the wrapper because I ate them all before I remember that I need to take their picture.

    Yup, tikoy is sticky. Your description is correct. :-D

    So, that is the use of tikoy. That is to silence that god.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Anney:

    Hopiang baboy sa may Quiapo? Baka sa may Salazar yan ano? Ma-try ko ngang bumili din doon minsan.

    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Foong:

    Yep, the purple yam is ube.

    Hmmm...tikoy is brown, sweet and sticky, which is very popular every Chinese New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Sikolet:

    Gusto mo padalhan kita? :-P Hehe...joke lang.

    Punta ka sa Binondo nang malasap mo ang Eng Bee Tin hopia.

    ReplyDelete
  17. my favorite hopia & tikoy rolls. i wanna try the mochi and mochipia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Pinkcookies.

    My suggest that you try pastillas hopia. That is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  19. we will be creating a new flavor of hopia as our project or thesis to exact, would you like to eveluate it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leiras. I'm not an expert when it comes to hopia so I may not be able to give a good evaluation of it.

      Maybe you need and expert?

      Delete

Comments are very much welcome. However, I reserve the right to delete comments that contains spam.

Also drop by my other blog: Ahab Reviews and Tips - my tips and reviews blog.