Visita Iglesia:San Isidro Labrador Church

We now go to the seventh and last church for this year's online Visita Iglesia. From Balibago Church in Santa Rosa City, I now take you to Biñan City for a visit to San Isidro Labrador Parish Church.
.
San Isidro Labrador Church, Binan City
(Source: Wikipedia)


It was evening when I reached Biñan City to meet my beloved, who is searching the market for cloths. The traveler/blogger part of me made me searched for Biñan's tourist spots while I was waiting for her. What I found is a park dedicated to Jose Rizal in the middle near the marketplace.
.
RizalPark in Binan City


I found, to my delight, a church located near the park. The church that I saw is the church that has a relief image of Saint Isidore the Laborer, or San Isidro Labrador in Spanish, on its facade. The lover-of-old-churches in me prompted me to enter this church.
.

Inside San Isidro Labrador Church


The evening mass is about to start and many people are waiting for it to start. I failed to take many photos as a courtesy for the Holy Mass. I also failed to have a look at the grounds of the church since it is already evening and my beloved is already looking for me.

I hope that I can visit this church again someday. I want to see more of it and know more about its history. I believe that this church is full of history because it is the first church built in Biñan City. Biñan City is already a bustling town during the Spanish Colonial Era and Jose Rizal even visited this place.

Prayer to San Isidro Labrador

Dear Isidore, you know how normal it is to cultivate the land for you were employed as a farm laborer for the greater part of your life. Although you received God's help materially through Angels in the field, all farmers are aided spiritually to see the wonders God has strewn on this earth. Encourage all farmers in their labors and help them to feed numerous people. Amen.

---

Visita Iglesia is a Catholic tradition of visiting seven churches during Maundy Thursday. For each day, this Holy Week, I will feature one church as a sort of virtual Visita Iglesia.

May the Lord deepen our faith in Him this Holy Week! Amen.

---

Visit Ahab Reviews and Tips and read about PHIVOLCS maps of Marikina Fault affected areas.

Follow me in Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr and YouSayToo.

Leave a comment with Facebook or regular comment box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very much welcome. However, I reserve the right to delete comments that contains spam.

Also drop by my other blog: Ahab Reviews and Tips - my tips and reviews blog.