Breakfast at Charoen Krung Road

Breakfast is what I needed that day when I met up with a Malaysian friend because I know that I'll be needing the energy for the walks that we will be doing around Bangkok. Good thing that my friend already has a plan. He wanted us to have breakfast in a Chinese restaurant.


The name of the restaurant is Prachak, established in 1909. This restaurant is located along Charoen Krung Road near the BTS – Saphan Taksin Station. Just look for stall number 1415 to find this restaurant.


I guess it is a typical Chinese restaurant, complete with ducks hanging at the front. I've seen similar Chinese restaurants in Binondo Chinatown in Manila.

Prachak is small like the typical Chinese restaurants that we have in Binondo Chinatown. But don't let looks fool you because Chinese restaurants are not to be judged by space it occupies but by the food it serves.


We ordered a duck dish, which my Malaysian friend said is the best dish in this restaurant. I can't recall the name of this dish nor its price but I can say that it tasted good.


I enjoyed eating this dish with rice and I can say that is the best breakfast that I had in Thailand.

Our breakfast in Prachak is just the start of my adventure for that day. There are more to come so please stay tuned.

By the way, do you wonder who is this Malaysian friend I'm talking about? Maybe this photo will give you a hint.


Leave a comment with Facebook or regular comment box below.

5 comments:

Comments are very much welcome. However, I reserve the right to delete comments that contains spam.

Also drop by my other blog: Ahab Reviews and Tips - my tips and reviews blog.