Bad Broadband Installers

Regular readers of this blog know that I, for a long time, had been trying hard to have an internet connection for my home. I did an extensive research and considered broadband, line connection, and even satellite internet. I applied to major internet service providers like Smart and Globe for their broadband services. Both of those two telecommunication companies responded to my broadband applications and sent their technicians to try installing their broadband receivers for my home computer.

My internet application adventures allowed me to meet some bad eggs.

The Enterprising Technician

I first applied with Smart Telecom for their Plan 999 in their Smart Bro. The application process was fast and after a week’s time installers came to our place.

The problem with our place is that the line of sight with the tower of Smart is blocked by the mountain. The technicians tried in finding a place with good broadband signal for hours, but in vain. They even used a 20 feet pipe to prop up the broadband receiver, but the signal is hard to come by.

One of the installers told me that he could add another 10 feet pipe to increase my chances of getting a signal. He claimed that Smart charges 3,000 pesos for 30 feet high pipe that is used to prop up the receiver. He added that he could issue a receipt for the additional pipe but I could avail a discount if I will not ask for a receipt. He even claimed that Smart prohibits receivers being propped up to 30 feet.

The offer left me thinking. 3,000 pesos is too much for a 30 feet pipe unless their pipe is made of gold. Another thing that I thought is how he can issue a receipt if Smart prohibits a 30 feet high installation. The installer contradicted himself.

When the technician felt that I am adamant to his offer, he called up on his buddy on the rooftop and told him pack their things up. I am glad that they left quickly; I almost accepted the offer of the technician.

An Installer with an Attitude

 Because of Smart Bro’s lack of signal, I tried applying to Globe Broadband for an internet connection.

The technicians of Globe lack coordination. One of them went to our home without informing me. My mom did not let them in because she was surprised. Thievery are rampart in our town so as a precaution, my mom did not allow them to go into our house. The next, two installers came and I received them. They are nice and tried all possible things to get a good signal but to no avail. I have no problem with them.

The night on that day, the group of technicians, the ones that my mom barred, came. One of the technicians, maybe because he is tired for the day, told me in a loud voice, “Ano ikakabit na natin?!” (What? Shall we install now?!). I almost said, “Oo ikabit na natin sa puwet mo.” (Yeah, let’s install it in your ass) but said, “May pumunta nang technician kaninang tanghali eh. Natingnan na nila kung may signal.” (Other technicians already visited us this afternoon. They already checked if there is a signal). After that, they just left without any word.

How very rude of that technician. Even if he is tired, he should not have shouted at his client. That is never a good way to treat customers.

---

Follow me in Facebook and Twitter.
.

Leave a comment with Facebook or regular comment box below.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. How smart can that Smart technician be? If he would tell that to my mom she would be thinking that the deducted amount will only go down to his own pocket and not to his company's. Very nice move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe,

      Oo ngA, ANG HIRAP kumita ng pera ngayon kaya kahit panloloko ginagawa na ng ibang tao

      Delete
  2. i hate broadband.... waaah and since i'm temporarily residing in my Tita's house who are using Smart bro, i have no choice but to deal with it... oh my, i can't open multiple task because the chances are, the computer will run really slow
    hehe
    thanks for dropping by at my FEED YOUR MIND blog and i'm glad you love the award,
    have a great day anf happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the problem with broadband. As for me, because I do not have any choice, I have to accept that fact.

      I really like the award Blue and a will blog it later after my trip to Cebu. :-)

      Delete

Comments are very much welcome. However, I reserve the right to delete comments that contains spam.

Also drop by my other blog: Ahab Reviews and Tips - my tips and reviews blog.