One-Nighter in Baras, Rizal: The Spectacular View in Punta de Fabian

Punta de Fabian in Baras, Rizal

The little town of Baras is well below my travel radar. It is virtually unknown to me and I never expected to spend a day or two in this town. But there I was, marveling at the spectacular view of Laguna Lake.

View of Laguna Lake from Punta de Fabian in Baras, Rizal

Aside from Laguna Lake, I also had a bird’s eye view of the lowlands of Baras, Tanay, and beyond.

Electric towers in Baras, Rizal

And where did I have this good view, you might ask. Well, the place is none other than the only resort in Baras: Punta de Fabian.


Punta de Fabian actually began as a private refuge of Teresita Fabian Pamintuan, who was recuperating from breast cancer. She built a simple house where she can breathe some fresh air and commune with nature. She eventually opened her refuge to relatives and friends, and finally to the public.

The simple house atop the crags transformed into a full blown resort that brags an infinity pool that have a good view of Laguna Lake.

Infinity pool of Punta de Fabian in Baras, Rizal

Punta de Fabian is one of the few resorts in Rizal with infinity pool.

I got an opportunity to visit Punta de Fabian because of a workshop organized by the office. Apparently, the resort is a popular venue for team building and corporate events. People from Philippine Airlines were at the resort as the same day as our workshop.

Aside from the infinity pool, Punta de Fabian has another swimming pool.

Swimming pool of Punta de Fabian in Baras, Rizal

I also discovered a maze, which is perfect for team building.

Maze in Punta de Fabian in Baras, Rizal

I have no complaint with the room and I had a good sleep.

Beds of Punta de Fabian in Baras, Rizal

The room is fairly clean and very spacious. It is average compared to the rooms in other hotels that I slept in.

Our Room in Punta de Fabian in Baras, Rizal

The only weird thing that I noticed in my room is the big rock jutting out of the wall. My co-worker’s room is weirder because of a very big rock jutting out of the floor. It creep the hell out of that co-worker. 

Toiletries in Punta de Fabian in Baras, Rizal

Punta de Fabian also has a hall, which is perfect for weddings. I bet many couples will want a photo with the panoramic view of Laguna Lake as the background.

Function Hall of Punta de Fabian in Baras, Rizal

The infinity pool is quite enticing but I decided not to dip in the water. I was content in enjoying the spectacular view. 

Punta de Fabian View in Baras, Rizal

All in all, I had a good experience with Punta de Fabian. The hotel staff assisted and serve us well. Although the food that they serve and the hotel room are average by my standards, the spectacular view of Laguna Lake made up for everything.

The windmills of Tanay is visible from Punta de Fabian. Sadly, we don’t have time to visit them. Baras also boasts of having the oldest church in Rizal province. And then there’s the Masungi Geo Reserve. I missed plenty of interesting spots! I guess this is enough reason for me to go back to this part of Rizal. 

---

How to Go to Punta de Fabian

Punta de Fabian in Baras, Rizal

I reached Punta de Fabian by riding a Pililla/Tanay bound van at the van terminal located in front of Starmall EDSA. Just ask the driver if he will pass in front of Punta de Fabian.

I traveled for 3 hours from Starmall to Punta de Fabian.
.

Leave a comment with Facebook or regular comment box below.

2 comments:

  1. Alam mo naiisip ko minsan ang mga pinoy including me, gusto ng honeymoon sa labas ng pinas, but damn, this is a good view! Gusto ko to makita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular indeed! Breathtaking views!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much welcome. However, I reserve the right to delete comments that contains spam.

Also drop by my other blog: Ahab Reviews and Tips - my tips and reviews blog.