End of the Month Roundup – August 2014

.
The month of August is finally over! This means that Pinoy radio and TV will be starting their countdowns to Christmas tomorrow. Before I get engulfed by the very early Christmas Season in the Philippines, let us look back to what happened in the blogs this month.

After many months of writing, I finally ended the Wedding Prep blog series. It was good to recall the fun and frustration during our wedding preparations. I learned a lot with this series and I hope that you learned a lot too. If you are one of the many soon-to-be-wed couples, I highly suggest that you read our wedding prep adventures. If you don’t have the time for the longish posts, then this summary of our wedding preparations is recommended for you.

Vows that are not Meant to be Broken


In front of the altar of the Shrine of St. Therese of the Child Jesus, Villamor, Pasay City

Our “I do” started our forever. It is not meant to broken (contrary to those who wish to legalize divorce here in the Philippines or those who toy with annulment (hello Kris Aquino)).

For those who are wondering, we exchanged our marriage vows in the Shrine of St. Therese of the Child Jesus in Villamor, Pasay City.

A Once in a Lifetime Event with Family and Friends


Our wedding reception at Gold Bay Restaurant


Weddings are very big events for Filipinos. In fact, weddings mean eating (lots of it), drinking (lots of that too), party, and the never-ending selfies. Well, we did those too sans the drinking.

We had our wedding fiesta at the Golden Bay Fresh Seafood Restaurant. We had a good time because of the good food and good service. It was truly a once in a lifetime event for me and Lei.

For those who are looking for wedding reception venues, I suggest Golden Bay Restaurant. You should also check my list of some wedding reception venues around Metro Manila.

Special Vacation after the Special Day


Underground River of Puerto Princesa
(Source: Puerto Princea City)


We reckoned that the best way to start our life together is by going to a special place. So, we go to one of the country’s last paradise: the island of Palawan. Our first night in Puerto Princesa City was great. We enjoyed the good food during our dinner date at Haim Chicken Inato.

Our dinner date is just the beginning of our adventure in Puerto Princesa City. I will be posting about our vacation in September. So expect to see beautiful places and good stories from Palawan. If you want to know more about this city, I suggest that you read the 7 interesting facts about Puerto Princesa.

The Baby Update

I couldn’t explain my happiness when I felt our baby move inside Lei’s belly. He/she “kicked” twice. Lei’s belly is getting bigger and bigger. Her nausea is gone (which is good) but she’s feeling other aches (which is not good) as her pregnancy progresses. I do hope that everything will be alright for Lei and the baby.

The Sad News: Persecution of Christians (and non-Muslims) in Iraq


We are Nazareans, we are Christians
(Source: Veooz)

I hope that you saw the news of gruesome activities of the self-proclaimed Islamic State somewhere in Iraq and Syria. These terrorists murdered hundreds of Christians and non-Muslim people like the Yazidis. There were even reports of captured women being sold off as sex slaves. Blood of Christians is being spilt in Iraq as I write this post.

What’s alarming is that wrong-minded Muslims are inspired by these acts of terror. A former Philippine president revealed that some Filipino Muslims went to Iraq to train as jihadists. Even the Buddhist temple of Borobodur were threatened to be bombed.

What can we do in the face of this evil? My answer: pray, donate to Christians in Iraq, and petition your government to stop jihadists from invading your country.

Earthquake Info: Marikina Fault Line in Alabang, Muntinlupa

Marikina Fault Line in Alabang, Muntinlupa

I sometimes write about the West Valley Fault (a.k.a. Marikina Fault Line) to inform people. I believe that I could help save lives by the information that I share. So, for this month, I posted the map from PHIVOLCS that shows the location of Marikina Fault Line in Alabang, Muntinlupa City.

I hope that I will be able to post more Marikina Fault Line maps next month.

I guess that’s all the updates for this month. May we have all have a happy September. And no, I will not say any Christmas greetings this early.
.

Leave a comment with Facebook or regular comment box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are very much welcome. However, I reserve the right to delete comments that contains spam.

Also drop by my other blog: Ahab Reviews and Tips - my tips and reviews blog.