Wandering Around Camarines

In the previous posts, I talked about my travel from Metro Manila to Naga City by riding a Philtranco bus. The reason that I went to Naga City is that my office sent me to do some work around Camarines.

Camarines is composed of the provinces of Camarines Norte and Camarines Sur. Camarines serves as the gateway to Bicolandia because it is the northernmost area of the Region 5. The province of Camarines Sur is famous for its patroness, Our Lady of Peñafrancia, whose feast is celebrated every September. Unfortunately, I have been busy with my work around Camarines that I failed to visit the famous Basilica Minore in Naga City. The basilica is the church where the image of Our Lady of Peñafrancia is located.

I also failed to visit tourists sites around Camarines like the Lake Buhi that is famous for tabios, which is the smallest species of fish in the world. I also failed to visit the famous Caramoan Beach.

I failed to visit the famous areas in Camarines but that doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy the whole duration of my stay there. I enjoyed learning about the Bicolanos and the way of life of the people of Camarines. What I like during my visit in Camarines are scenes like this:
.
Camarines sea

The people of Camarines still enjoy the lush environment that I miss in Metro Manila. Rows and rows of farms and plantations are present in Camarines. These scenery can still be seen even in urbanized part of Camarines like Naga City.

Another scenery that I like is the sea of Camarines that is still clean as opposed to the smelly Manila Bay.
.
Camarines farm
Clean sea of Camarines. Mount Isarog is at the background.
I saw a large number of jellyfishes while I cross the San Miguel Bay from Camarines Sur to Camarines Norte. Our boatman said that catching jellyfish is one of the major livelihood in Camarines. Many fishermen catch white jellyfishes, which are dried and imported to other countries.

I feel that my visit to Camarines is incomplete because I failed to immerse my self to the culture of Bicolanos. Though my stay is brief, I managed to have a preview of what Camarines is. I wish I can go back to Naga City this September and join the feast for Our Lady of Peñafrancia.
.

Leave a comment with Facebook or regular comment box below.

15 comments:

  1. Magandang lugar nga ang camarinez sur..sayang nga lang malayo mula sa amin sa leyte..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ay malayo nga talaga Arvin. Kailangan mo pang pumunta ng Samar, tumawid ng San Bernardino Strait at sumakay ng bus mula Sorsogon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ay malayo nga talaga Arvin. Kailangan mo pang pumunta ng Samar, tumawid ng San Bernardino Strait at sumakay ng bus mula Sorsogon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ka ka miss din lumanghap ng sariwang hangin sa probinsya! Sa manila kasi puro usok at polusyon kadalasan nalalanghap ko. hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anney

    Nakaka-miss talaga. Nakakasawa na rin lumanghap ng usok araw-araw eh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ayos ah!, may mga jellyfish doon sa Bay? cool. Nadadaanan namin ang Camsur kapag uuwi kami ng Masbate, Isa ito sa mga gusto kong puntahan sa Pinas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sobrang presko naman jan Ish... Camsur is known for their Fiving spots rin di ba..saka yung mga surfing??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bicolandia ka? so ibig sabihin mahilig ka din sa mga sobrang anghang bna putahe??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steve

    Wow. Bicolano ka pala Steve. ^_^ Magkalahi tayo. Ako half-Bicolano eh. 'Yang Masbate, gusto ko ring mabisita 'yan.

    Bluedreamer

    Yes. Sikat ang Camarines Sur sa mga surfing sites dahil sa lakas ng alon sa Pacific Ocean.

    Ha? Half-Bicolano lang ako. Hindi naman ako mahilig sa sobrang anghang. 'yung tamang anghang lang 'yung gusto ko.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wooooww! ikaw na gala! :)) ang sarap ng work mo kuya ish... pasok mo nga ako dian. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sige Tine, tingnan ko kung kailangan namin ng psycho dito sa opisina.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice scenery! Maybe you should go back there for a holiday! : D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much welcome. However, I reserve the right to delete comments that contains spam.

Also drop by my other blog: Ahab Reviews and Tips - my tips and reviews blog.