The Wimpy Kid is Really Wimpy

Finally, I got the chance to read the book, “Diary of a Wimpy Kid.” Actually, I already read the first and second book of the Wimpy Kid series.

The second book is titled as “Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules.” Rodrick is the brother of the book’s protagonist, Greg Heffley. I don’t know how many books are there in the Wimpy Kid series. I still have to lay my hands on those books.

I first learned about the Diary of a Wimpy Kid when I saw an image (shown below) from the book, which is printed on a bus.
.
Diary of a Wimpy Kid


That picture instantly made me interested and after reading the book, I could say that I am not disappointed with it. I had some laughs while reading the book. I read it while I am commuting home and it took the boredom out of my travel.

The Diary of a Wimpy Kid is about Greg who writes his experiences in middle school in a diary. Yes, the book is in diary format but its highlight is the cartoons drawn on the pages of the book. The cartoons make the story more interesting and funnier. Aside from that, the book has the simple story of a teenager and his experience at school. The book will surely either make love the protagonist or dislike him because of the antics he makes to his friends and classmates.

I did not like the second book much. Maybe, I just got tired with the book’s antics and the novelty of the cartoons inside the story faded away.

Still, I am giving the Diary of a Wimpy Kid a star. It is easy to read, witty, and have enough materials to make you laugh. Anyone could finish this book in one sitting.

---

Read my review of the third part of this series, which is Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw, at Ahab Reviews and Tips.
.

Leave a comment with Facebook or regular comment box below.

10 comments:

  1. These books should not be read in succession, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. But I think I am an eager beaver when it comes to books. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard about this series...and if I'm not mistaken, they've made it into a movie. Dunno if it is any good though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the same thing. I read the second book right after reading the first one. What you said is true. I got bored with it too. Anyway, I hope

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uy, mukhang maganda tong book na to ah. Kakatuwa yung mga illustrations :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eto yung mga cute at interesting sa mga gantong book kasi lahat tayo makakarelate at siguradong tatawa!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Suitapui:

    I think did not fared well. I didn't heard much buzz after the movie was shown in theaters.

    @Mariel:

    Yeah. Just like what Pinoy Apologist said, maybe it is better not to read the books one after the other.

    @Fiel-kun:

    Yup. Nakakatuwa talaga yung mga illustrations d'yan. Nakakatawa rin.

    @Steve:

    Haha...apir Steve. Pero kung gusto mo ng todo tawa eh I recommend yung Comic Books na Kiko Machine. Grabe talaga yun. Pinoy na pinoy pa kaya mas makaka-relate tayo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. really? that sounds fun... kala ko kasi pambata siya kaya hindi ko tintignan pag naghahanap ako ng book. hahaha. but after reading your entry... i might as well consider this in my "must-read" books this coming sembreak. (wala kasing time ngayon eh. hehehe)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmm.. that's something i should ry reading soon.. thanks for sharing, ish.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Tine:

    Actually pambata talaga yung book. Pero ok din yun sa matanda. ^_^ Tama, idagdag mo ito sa book list mo. Kaso by one hour lang eh tapos mo na ito.

    @Ate Claire:

    You are welcome Ate. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very much welcome. However, I reserve the right to delete comments that contains spam.

Also drop by my other blog: Ahab Reviews and Tips - my tips and reviews blog.